Everyday Finances for the Everyday Family
By Mike Yorkey
We have limited resources but unlimited choices … every day.
The only way to survive financially is to exercise some serious self-control. We must  deny some of our wants,  spend less than we earn, and  avoid “bad debts,” such as carrying a high balance on a credit card. The primary motive behind this simple plan, as well as the secret to successful living, is summed up in this Bible verse: “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have” (Hebrews 13:5).
This easy-to-read resource takes the mystery out of s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g your hard-earned dollars. Topics include:
• Creating a Realistic Budget. . .and Sticking with it
• Discerning Between Wants and Needs
• Navigating the Supermarket. . .and Keeping Money in Your Pocket
• What to Do When You need a Big-Ticket Item
• Investing in God’s Kingdom
You and your family will learn commonsense principles that will help you budget, spend, and save money wisely.